Hi to all,

Question to Dick Carlstein:

You deliver two plants for 800 litres of BD per day, do you ?

1)      What are the initial costs per plant ?
        I have here the offer from Polish producer (for rapeseed oil
esterification) for the batch
        400litres/day at say US $ 11,000 (eleven thousand dollars).

2)      What are the running costs:
        - sunflower oil  (Poland rapeseed oil is about US $ 700/tonne - derived
from the prices of
        rapeseed)
        - methanol ??? (or ethanol), Poland:  791 $/tonne (0,76 kg/liter is the
density of methanol,
        ethanol: 4cents/liter)
        -  KOH ??? (Poland  19-to 21 $/25 kg )
        - electricity ??? (Poland 5cents/kWhr)

3.      What are the revenue sources and their prices?
        - biodiesel   (Poland - nobody knows yet,  Petrol diesel cost US $
440/tonne is the wholesale
        price),
        - glycerine ???? (Poland - I do not know yet
        - leftovers from rapeseed sold to farmers as fodder  ??? do not know yet
          (applies only when the BD producers gets rapeseed as the raw material)

One very important remark:  One can buy rapeseed and other oils at the agrarian
stock exchange
in Rotterdam for example.
Prices are (more or less)
rapeseed oil 400 to 430 Euro/tonne  (three months delivery)
coconut oil  355 Euro/tonne
sunflower oil :  ????

Other remark:

>From my rough analysis  (I am doing it for my to-be installation) it goes that
>the most important
factor for BD production to be profitable is  ( I want to sell it for profit) :

the cost of getting oil  whatever it is  (sunflower, rapeseed or coconut etc.)

In case of my country this price or cost of oil should not exceed US$ 400/tonne.

Any comments ????

Last question to Ken:

What do you mean by economic quantity of biodiesel ???

jan sur—wka
to-be producer and seller of rapeseed derived biodiesel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm