Jan,

Sorry for the late reply.  Did not see your question at the bottom before.
Since we produce biodiesel from different "oil" sources, these differences
could give different properties.  Like coconut has better wintering
properties.  Our vegetable oil here is mainly from coconut so thats it.  If
we(all of us) produce biodiesel to an economical quantity(maybe more than
what you can sell or use) then we can trade it like a commodity where it is
needed.  Just a though.

Ken C.

At 07:32 PM 6/5/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>Question to Dick Carlstein:
>
>You deliver two plants for 800 litres of BD per day, do you ?
>
>1)     What are the initial costs per plant ?
>       I have here the offer from Polish producer (for rapeseed oil
esterification) for the batch
>       400litres/day at say US $ 11,000 (eleven thousand dollars).
>
>2)     What are the running costs:
>       - sunflower oil  (Poland rapeseed oil is about US $ 700/tonne - derived
from the prices of
>       rapeseed)
>       - methanol ??? (or ethanol), Poland:  791 $/tonne (0,76 kg/liter is the
density of methanol,
>       ethanol: 4cents/liter)
>       -  KOH ??? (Poland  19-to 21 $/25 kg )
>       - electricity ??? (Poland 5cents/kWhr)
>
>3.     What are the revenue sources and their prices?
>       - biodiesel   (Poland - nobody knows yet,  Petrol diesel cost US $
440/tonne is the wholesale
>       price),
>       - glycerine ???? (Poland - I do not know yet
>       - leftovers from rapeseed sold to farmers as fodder  ??? do not know yet
>         (applies only when the BD producers gets rapeseed as the raw material)
>
>One very important remark:  One can buy rapeseed and other oils at the
agrarian stock exchange
>in Rotterdam for example.
>Prices are (more or less)
>rapeseed oil 400 to 430 Euro/tonne  (three months delivery)
>coconut oil  355 Euro/tonne
>sunflower oil :  ????
>
>Other remark:
>
>>From my rough analysis  (I am doing it for my to-be installation) it goes
that the most important
>factor for BD production to be profitable is  ( I want to sell it for
profit) :

>the cost of getting oil  whatever it is  (sunflower, rapeseed or coconut
etc.)

>In case of my country this price or cost of oil should not exceed US$
400/tonne.

>Any comments ????
>
>Last question to Ken:
>
>What do you mean by economic quantity of biodiesel ???
>

>jan sur—wka
>to-be producer and seller of rapeseed derived biodiesel
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Biofuels at Journey to Forever
>Biofuel at WebConX
>http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm