Hello Dave

>This is getting tedious, I'm simply reporting what I found.

Yes it is getting tedious, I'm simply questioning what I find because
it doesn't hold together.

>I followed the acid base recipe and got a low calorific value fuel.
>After the acid was neutralised and allowed to settle, I ran the 1.5g
>of NaOH as per the recipe. This did not transesterify all of the oil.
>I therefore repeated the base reaction with more methoxide at 1.5g of
>NaOH per litre of oil.

Such as this... as I said, you're very imprecise. Either you're not
doing it right or you don't describe what you do right. You're
supposed to mix 3.1 g of NaOH with methanol at 10% of WVO volume and
use half the resulting sodium methoxide to stop the acid reaction,
allow to settle, then reheat and add the rest of the methoxide. Maybe
that's what you did, but that's not what you say: "I ran the 1.5g of
NaOH as per the recipe." I could interpret that as "half the
methoxide", but that would be 1.55g, not 1.5 g, and it's a very
unclear way of putting it. With your repeat of the base reaction you
don't say how much methanol you used - 10% or 5% of WVO volume? And
so on and so on.

>The changes I had to make showed that my oil has less FFA to be
>reacted by the acid than Alecs would normally have. He agreed that
>this would happen with lower FFA oils.

I don't think so. Anyway, as you say, tedious. I'll leave it at that.

<snip>

Keith Addison

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX