Keith,

Doing rather well thanks. Hope alls well with your project too.

The idea springs from something I read maybe on your site or another. It
referred to the phenomenon of, when driving with a high relative humidity or
misty/foggy conditions, a diesel engine performs better. I thought that
discussion then moved on to misters through the series from Ron Novak's work.
More likely I read it somewhere else and then your newsgroup came up with it.
Too much methanol vapour? :-)

If it would work, it wouldn't be in the fuel as you can do with EtOH (though
microemulsions seem to have been discussed as a diesel fuel). Brought in
through the inlet manifold as a mist on the induction stroke?

I was thinking of a system for my Landy Lightweight (yes Keith, I know, 2 1/4
Rover engines are a bag of sh*te but hey, its a hobby). Having taken the fan
off to accomadate an hydraulic pump for a 5 tonne winch, I'm considering the
system to spray water over the radiator as she heats up rapidly when static
winching, standing in traffic etc. No yet trialled, the resultant water
vapour may cause the same effect.........I'll let you know.

Regards
Dave
--
David Preskett, BSc (Hons.), AIWSc

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recycling - not a chore more a way of life

University of Wales
BioComposites Centre
Deiniol Road
Bangor