Hi,
   I was only back for a few hours tonight but it was a very productive
few hours. You see John Grill from the h2view list sent out some remarks
on Biodiesel and it just so happens I had been fooling with the idea of
producing a small scale biodiesel production unit a week ago. I went so
far as to research it a bit and found that you can even produce your own
vegetable oil with an oil press such as this one:
http://www.oilpress.com/type55.htm
   But that is beside the point. Anyway, Jerry Decker on Keelynet posted
a piece on the gunnerman patent tonight. This involved mixing diesel
with water and a surfactant to produce a fuel for diesel engines.
   This combination of posts triggered my memory and I remembered that I
was out to a refinery in Ohio last year where the company (Lubrizol) was
manufacturing a product called PuriNOx, a mixture of diesel, water and a
surfactant. They were running the resulting fuel/mixture as a fuel in
busses in Cleveland with good results. A production technician that I
talked to told me that the mix was 30% diesel, 70% water and the
surfactant.
http://www.lubrizol.com/PuriNOx/fueltechnology.htm
   DING! There went the idea. Why not learn this technology and apply it
to BIODIESEL?!?! One gallon of biodiesel would become 3 gallons when
mixed with water by this process and this modification should
dramatically cut the per gallon cost to consumers and/or be quite
valuable to those who wish to produce  biodiesel for their own use and
it would also then become considerably more environmentally friendly
than it already is in the process.
General biodiesel info:
http://www.afdc.nrel.gov/altfuel/bio_general.html#how
Home Brew Biodiesel Genset:
http://www.eline2000.com/eline/articles/biogen/biogenset.htm
Small Scale Biodiesel Production:
http://www.eline2000.com/eline/articles/biodiesel/biodiesel.htm
Making bar soap from glycerin (by-product of biodiesel production):
http://www.eline2000.com/eline/articles/barsoap/barsoap.htm
Regards,
MJ

Biofuels at Journey to Forever