Todd,

Thank you for your response.   In the main, I agree with you.  Perhaps what
history is teaching us is that our ideas of capitalism need to be modified,
less toward a national, and more toward a regional  approach.   That would
indeed be revolutionary, and perhaps require a revolution, since most of the
political and economic activities to date appear to have pushed us in the
nationalistic direction, and our culture has become highly nationalistic.
You and others appear to be advocating a change of thinking.   If so, I
agree.

But first, to say the least,  we need a philosophy as the basis to reverse
the nationalism trend and redirect it toward regionalism,.   The
Jewdaic-Christian heritage is generally credited with having been the basis
for  the present  high standard of living.  I suggest go to that for the
development of such a philosophy.   You ennunciated one principle of this
philosophy, "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil."  Some other
elements from this same heritage,  not much a part of the capitalistic
approach and our culture these days, are:  "A man's life consists not in the
abundance of things which he possesses."  And  "love they neighbor as
thyself."   On this all the commandments are based, "Love the Lord God with
all thy heart, and love they neighbor as thyself."  Nor are most of these
principles altogetgher unique to the Jewdaic-Christian heritage.  Others have
advocated and practiced  these principles outside of our culture.   And, can
the capitalistic system survive much longer without incorporating these
principles?  And, can not its failures and its weaknesses largely be
attributed to not having  practiced such principles?

Glenn Ellis

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/RN.GAA/9bTolB/TM