Kavitha,
This is not unexpected response from Professors as I
have also countered several of such points three years
ago when we launch our project in Thailand. We have
got things going now; both technically, politically
and commercially. I presented a paper to the APCC
(Asia Pacific Coconut Communities Coference ) on this
issue and the Chairman of the Organization who is a
highly respected Professor from India and everyone
agreed with me that converting some of the excess
coconut oil into clean-burning biodiesel is a great
way to help both the farmers and the urban residents.
In fact this could go hand in hand with your
government's program on ethanol, recently announced.
If you need supports from your government contact the
rep. of your country office of APCC; they would be
able to at least change your poressor's mindset!
Samai
www.ethanol-thailand.com
Kavitha,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/9bTolB/TM