>  I am pleased to announce, with Darren of vegburner.co.uk, the launch of a
>new database for vehicles running on SVO (straight vegetable oil), or a
>blend of SVO. The database will have the ability to show useful statistics
>such as which is the most successful vehicle based on mileage and quality of
>fuel used. It is open access to all and there is a free password to get onto
>the pages. All info. will be publicly available so that we can compare notes
>and hopefuly dispell some of the myths of using SVO. Please add your own
>details!
>  Database:  http://www.goatindustries.co.uk/fuelsdatabase/ We already have
>info. on some Mercedes, VW and Chevrolette vehicles.... Paddy

Good on you and Darren, Paddy, that should be really useful. I know
Darren's been wanting to set this up for a while, glad it's up and
running now.

Which myths about using SVO do you think most need dispelling? I'd be
interested to see a list of them. Or maybe putting it another way: in
which areas do you think hard data is most lacking? What confusions
and grey areas most need clearing up? We were talking on the
vegoil-diesel list (re "Frying Squad") about the need to gather data,
and if scientists weren't going to do it, and it seems they're not,
or not soon, well-ordered user information would go a long way
towards filling the gap. There definitely is a gap. Available
research reports are few, and often contradictory. Often they don't
even seem to be investigating the right thing, such as the lack of
research on two-tank heated systems. We all know it won't work if
it's cold.

Will you be including the data on the German database?

Best

Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/9bTolB/TM