Ed Beggs sent me these:

http://www.climateark.org/articles/2001/4th/codisoot.htm
12/11/01 -- Controlling diesel soot is the fastest way to slow global warming

There were several studies released in the few months around that
time on air-pollution, asthma and so on, and I did a comparison of
the coverage. This one's aimed directly at diesel, so it doesn't
really count, but the others were not directly about diesel. Coverage
in the British press only rarely included the word "diesel", coverage
in the US of the same studies used the word several times at least.
Kind of interesting. But the tide seems to have turned in the US now,
and I expect it will change fast. I wouldn't have thought of world
speed records as a way of hurrying it up, but I guess it'll be very
effective:

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_sports/2002/11/worlds_fas
test_pickup/
World's Fastest Pickup--And It's A Diesel!

http://www.bankspower.com/Banks_Sidewinder.cfm
Banks Project Sidewinder Dakota at BanksPower

http://www.bankspower.com/Banks_Sidewinder/sidewinder-news.cfm
BanksPower Project Sidewinder Goes to the Salt

Best

Keith

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX