Hej Keith,

Thank you for starting the list. Yes, I left out the note, some of the
brackets I will keep and some will go when I corrected my parts about
ethanol. I hope that somebody else is interested to add to the discussion.

Hakan

This was my answer to you and your response, that will bring us up to date:

 >Reading through the links you gave me, I agree that small ethanol production
 >looks quite feasible.
Very.
 >Not as good as biodiesel and SVO.
Different, comparable, often complementary.
 >Some points were
 >however added to my feeling of unease and the possibility of a group
 >monopolization by "responsible" large interests.
Such as?
 >I can see that in a third
 >world production, it is some merits for small ethanol production, without
 >involvement from dominant oil interests.
Not only 3rd World.
 >Big corporations would have
 >problems in manipulating in those markets.
They have problems anywhere manipulating small local markets. For instance,
via the USDA's rigged organics standards, the big food (?) interests tried
to hijack the organics market in the US. In fact they've simply created a
different market. The small organics producers are unaffected and have
simply opted out, continuing to deal with their local farmers' markets,
local customers, CSAs, regardless, and doing very nicely thankyou. Organics
is local, and that's that. They can't do it.
 >The major point was the correct and important mentioning of control of
 >bacteriological waste. The other smaller points was additions to my doubts
 >in feedstock preparation and fermentation.
You'll have to be more specific. But I want to take this discussion to the
mailing list, or both of them rather. Otherwise it is partly wasted. I was
rather hoping you'd cross-post my last response to the lists with your
Best
Keith

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX