Hola,

In talking with someone recently who is interested in purchasing some
biodiesel, and interesting comment came up in our email exchange.  He
indicated that he was more interested in biodiesel made from crude VO than
that made of WVO. I was trying to convince him that the WVO option was
better due to the recyclable nature of the WVO, but he insisted that the
CO sequestering was better of the more recent growing cycle.  I had a
difficult time convincing him that it was the same .... but oh well.  He
didn't even care about the GMO feedstock issue!!

I guess what this leaves me with is a customer perception problem of crude
VO vs. WVO based biodiesel.  I am wondering why that perception issue
exists and how to overcome it in talking w/ people who are not biodiesel
geeks.  I know that most of the folks at the Berkley BD Co-op are
religiously pro-WVO BD and will absolutely not put GMO-VO biodiesel in
their vehicles.  So there is the dichotomy in interest of the different
feedstocks for biodiesel.

Any thoughts?

James Slayden

Biofuels at Journey to Forever