Hello Mike,

Not that I support what the Bush administration is doing or done but if your comment below is true then why was N Korea doing exactly the same things during the Clinton Administration? Just curious. If memory serves me correctly the Clinton administration signed an agreement with N Korea (which the N Korean Government Broke) to get them to stop such activities. I do believe that there are other driving forces at work here or if you are correct then it is not necessarily driven by a particular political administration but rather an overlying US foreign policy that bridges from one administration to the next.

Best wishes,
Tim

 " The reason N Korea is starving it’s people and almost killing itself to get nuclear weapons is precisely because the Bush administration had developed a policy along the lines you suggest."

Can anyone point to a credible source that outlines the timeline for the above policies of N Korea?

-Mike

Michael Redler wrote:
"The reason N Korea is starving it’s people and almost killing itself to get nuclear weapons is precisely because the Bush administration had developed a policy along the lines you suggest."

Nice Rick. IMO, that analysis, is one of the most important and least emphasized in the broken and not so free media. I'm sure that I'm not the first person to wonder if this kind of provocation is in the same vein as the Bay of Tonkin (Todd probably has a better example) -- except perhaps, slower, more sophisticated and overtly hidden.

There has been a lot of saber rattling in the past. It seems to me that those involved in manufacturing that rattling, did so as a political tool for food, technology, trade, etc., with agendas that didn't include an eminent attack. But, as Rick points out, things are different now and like Ken described in his"psychopathic neighbor" analogy, "we" might really do something because (IMO) the US government has made hegemony, both in and out of the country, one of it's highest priorities.

Mike