Matt Erickson wrote:
Hi,
   I came across this Flextek product product at the link below from a
Brazilian manufacturer. The site is marketed for a Brazil audience,
but the FAQ's indicate that it would work on imported vehicles. With
that in mind, I'm wondering if it would make a American non-FFV run on
E85 (or even E100) ? Does anybody have information on if this is
possible?

I've posted this info on another list already, so if some of you find this redundant, please forgive me.

The idea behind Flextek is that modern, closed loop EFI systems are capable of burning gasoline / ethanol blends of up to 50%. The Flextek wiring harness plugs directly between the injectors and the factory wiring harness. (It's a very simple installation.) The Flextek unit, when running in ethanol mode, modifies the signal to the injectors only, compensating for the burn characteristics of ethanol fuel by changing the injection pulse width. The user must manually select for blends greater than 50% ethanol, all the way up to pure ethanol.

You should not have to change your injectors, though it might be a good idea to replace the rubber o-rings in the injector seats with viton units. Modern fuel pumps may be compatible, since there are so many FFV out there already. If I can get around the legal issues up here in Canada, I will try this unit out. At 150 Euros the four cylinder model is competitive with piggyback ECU devices that would have to be programmed.

It would sure be nice to run high octane ethanol instead of high octane gasoline!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>