FRANCISCO wrote:

Flextek can be used in most repeat in most engines not all of them. Instead increasing compression ratio it changes ignition timing.

I think, perhaps, a language issue is cropping up here. The Flextek device plugs into the automobile's fuel injector harness. It modifies the length of the injection pulse, not the ignition timing, which refers to the crankshaft angle when spark is delivered to the cylinder. I mentioned increasing compression pressure, though doing so isn't recommended in the Flextek promotional literature, merely because it makes thermodynamic sense to do so. Ethanol tolerates high compression pressures far better than gasoline. The fuel I run in my truck right now costs about $1.10 per liter. I can't run low grade gasoline in my vehicle, but ethanol would work very well. The engine would burn cleaner and run cooler than it does at present.

Potential problems are fuel pump "erosion" type unless changed to typical alcohol fuel pump and winter time ignition.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're writing here. I believe you're telling me that potential problems exist with the fuel pump, perhaps because of parts compatibility with ethanol. Most fuel systems with which I am familiar constantly circulate fuel between the tank and the injector system, so additional wear on the pump should not be an issue. If I'm in error, please let me know.

This part is solved by using a small reservoir of gasoline using an small electric pump like the one used to flush water to clean the windshield.

        This is a solution to cold weather starting issues.

Most of the elastomer are compatible with alcohol so low probability in having problems in here.

This is why you've given the caveat that MOST modern gasoline engines will work with ethanol.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>