Hakan Falk a écrit :

Frantz,

I have looked at several lists and if you look at the one you
pointed to, it is some lack of definitions. If you look at from
country and citizenship as an example. It is Indian sites that
says the they had 43 victims, the English at 67 seems to
be quite common. I gave up and do not understand why it would
be so difficult with one list on origin and get it accurate.

The best number I can get for Americans in WTC, is 1,700+
and this is probably quite accurate and common. For the rest,
it is large variations. In Spain the number of Spanish is much
higher and I know of two families who lost a member in WTC
and they are not even mentioned on your list.

It is often said that the victims represented 115 countries and
your list with 36, is the lowest I have seen.

It is a mess and I cannot understand why.

Hakan,

a beginning of explanation could be the double nationality. USA don't allow dual citizenship when it's legal in France and many other countries. So for exemple, my nephews, born in Washington state from a US mother and a French father, and actually living in France, have both US and French nationality regarding to the french law. At their legal majority, they will can choose...or not. But regarding the US law, they're only US. So I guess that if they were among the 9-11 victims, US would have count them as US and the french gov as french citizens.

frantz,
world citizen