I agree that Terry's mechanic could be more specific.

I don't know if it helps, but I've done a little research on this issue
for two other vehicles, and found that at some point Cummins went to an
electronic high-pressure injector pump that contains seals not rated for
use with 100% BD. However, Cummins does have a document on their website
stating that some mixture - I forget if it was B5 or B20, might have been
B2 even - was acceptable in their engines.

Rob