Greetings Gustl,

We actually called our place: The Rose Colored Forest because we are a pair of dreamers. While I had never farmed, I had survived survival training in the Canadian military. I knew how to butcher, shoot and cook real food before we started. I know we would be much richer and farther along if we had known what we wanted when we bought our land, we didn't. I couldn't find a house I wanted, so I bought land where there were no building codes so I could build my own. I didn't know about sustainable living until 1998, when I had cancer and got on the Internet to prevent boredom. I think being adaptable and being willing to think outside the box are key ingredients to surviving and most of all, a sense of humor.

Bright Blessings,
Kim