Hi D Giorchino

   The mess you have made can be  a new dicovery of solid biofuel .
jelly solid ethanol has good market  as  the  future biofuel for rural
areas as  identified by UN.
   Try to  acess about the possbility of mixing your mess with
ethanol jelly fuel.Thus the big problem of disposing the mess can be
an aportunity to  make business.

Fell free to have help from this list as  all here very good  experts

Yours truely
Pannirselvam P.V
Federal university ,Natal.RN
Brasil

On 8/7/05, DERICK GIORCHINO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Keith More
> Thanks for you response.
>  I tried the world famous chop stick titration technique. Wow what a
> difference in my titration  #.
> I did a 1 ltr test in a soda bottle, with excellent result almost instantly.
> But here is where I got into trouble.
>  The next batch was 20 liters I had some methoxide mixed from a prior batch
> that was also a failure and I couldn't figure what to do with the toxic mix
> so I tried to dilute it to 10 g.p. liter. I did my mixing of the 20 liters.
> As it cooled it turned into what looks like lard. I felt that I may have
> overdosed it. So I then took some test bottles and put 20% failure oil and
> 75% fresh wvo set it in the sun to melt/ liquefy. (105 deg F) shook it hard
> also a 50/50 mix in the hot state it seamed to separate better 25/75 than
> the 50/50 but as the sun went down and it cooled the 25/75 started to jell
> and the glycerol layer vanished but the 50/50 looked much better with a
> glycerol layer jelled at the bottom. I m not asking for a fix. But is the
> jelly a typical sign of over dosing? I have a problem with disposing of the
> mess I have made if there is a way to salvage it.

 Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Química - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de Pós Graduação em Engenharia Química - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universitário
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102
   Capim  Macio
EP 59.078-400 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Telefone(fone ) ( 84 ) 3215-37690 Ramal210
                            32171557
Telefone(fax) ( 84 ) 3215-3770
            residencia 32171557

             Cellular  84  88145083