-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mike Weaver
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:41 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] ASTM, was ... Diesel Won't Solve...

That's what a lot of people don't understand.  If you haven't worked in
the Gov't it doesn't make much sense.  I was just telling someone that
the latest IRS IT fiasco is actually not a failure in the eyes of the
Gov't workers - only one person got fired, the FTE's got paid and the
contractors got paid.  Whether or not it worked was pretty incidental to
the process.  The rules are:

1.  Don't get fired - still pretty hard to fire someone in the US.
2.  Don't make more work for anyone.
3. Don't make your boss look bad.
4.  Don't get bad press.
5.  Inertia is better than doing something.  Inertia won't get you
fired, but doing something might.
6.  That's the way we've always done it.

messages):