What size of engine can the 6.9L replace?    I have a 85 Grand Marque with a defunct 5L engine.

Greg H.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 21:24
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Diesel Pick Up Trucks

If I'm correct, Ford first used a diesel on their pick up line on '82, it was the 6.9liter made by International(Navistar) which evolved later to the 7.3liter.If a recall allright, it is a direct bolt-on swap, those diesel should mate any Ford transmission, standard or auto (for the auto, the C6 is recommended).The engine mounts might be slighlty different, but a visit to the local Ford parts dealer should help you find the adequate engine-to-frame mounts.