[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Robert,
> Have these large crops in your garden been tested for nutrients?

        No.   They're not abnormally large, at least, I don't think so.
There are sunflower plants growing in someone else's garden in
Abbotsford that are at least as tall as mine.

        Last year, our maize never grew taller than about 50 cm.  I'm
absolutely delighted that we have "normal" maize this year.  The
cabbage hasn't fared very well (lots of aphids) and every fruit tree
(except our apple) dropped its fruit.  If you'd seen the soil we
started with and how it looks now, you'd be pretty impressed, I think!

        Should I be concerned?

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind