TarynToo wrote:

> As long as profit and greed trump all other motives,
>  and the most heavily armed country in the world will take up arms for
>the financial gain of its masters, every country has something to lose.

And something to fear.  Many Canadians have been wondering what will
happen when the US sets it's sights on Canadian resources.  When crude
prices exceed 100 dollars per barrel the tar sands will begin to look
very appealing.  Suppose Canada decides that it will demand (which is
our right) what it wants for that oil?  Our fresh water supply is
already under attack.  How little will it take before american troops
show up to 'restore order' in our sovereign lands.  Already it is a
fact, little known by Canadians that the US has never officially
recognized the sovereignty of our northern waters.  (This is so that
they can take their nuclear subs under the polar ice without question.)
We are basically a defenseless nation.  Our military is laughable -our
pilots litterally have to take turns flying the handfull of aging f-18's
in the air force.  We have relied on the umbrella of american might for
a long time and the Canada - US border is the longest undefended border
in the world. The illusion of the friendly giant has been shattered. It
is cause for rising alarm amongst more than a few of my countrymen.

Joe