Yes too bad these 'deals' were worked out behind closed doors without any public discourse eh?  NAFTA is a joke. It is a matter of national shame and embarrasment that we allowed that to happen.  Why the hell we do not have a system of referendum on issues like the Swiss have I don't understand. We can have it whenever fascist Quebecistan raises the issue of national unity but not when it involves issues of real importance. However for the time being it looks like we are acting tough on the softwood issue.  We will see. If it ends up going in favor of US interests there will be somewhat of a mutiny from the lumber industry here. As a side note, I was not a fan of the previous prime minister by any means but at least he showed some backbone in refusing to support G. Dubya's illegal invasion of Iraq.  Fot that one decision he gained a lot of respect.

There is one fact that always brings me a bit of peace.  One only has to look to nature to see that whenever anything becomes too strong it means it is already decaying from within.  This fact is elucidated so clearly in the text of the Tao Te Ching which is not just some phiosophical theory created in the minds of men but rather a documented record of what is observed to take place in natural cycles.  Accordingly the overstrong regime that exists right now cannot escape being brought to it's knees. In fact it is the agent of it's own eventual demise.  I'm sure I don't want to be around for that process though.

joe

robert luis rabello wrote:
Garth & Kim Travis wrote:

Greetings,
Finally, you mean Canadians are waking up.

	All you Canadians need to do is examine the behavior of the U.S.
government with respect to "free trade" in softwood lumber to get an
inkling of what the future portends.  The NAFTA agreement contains
provisions that require Canada to supply energy to the U.S., even at
the expense of supplying power for its own citizens.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca