>Hello all,
>
>Does anyone know of a temperate (USDA zone 6b) oilseed tree?  Might
>as well get some planted now.
>
>Thanks,
>Erik

Hello Erik

Try these databases:

NewCrop SearchEngine at the Center for New Crops & Plant Products at
Purdue University -- Search for "oil". Results: "The following pages
containing 'oil' were found -- hits 1-20 of 200". Results are
hyperlinked to detailed factsheets.
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/SearchEngine.html

Plants For A Future -- Database Search -- See "Search by Use - Select
any of the following uses. Or select none and use the plant criteria
below." Select "Other Use" - oil. Results: "Other Use: Oil (460)".
Results are hyperlinked to detailed factsheets.
http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/D_search.html

I know someone was growing moringa in Canada, which is supposed to be
out of its range, I'm not sure how well it did. You can get seeds
from ECHO. Try jojoba too.

Best