On Sep 19, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Zeke Yewdall wrote:

>  it could be argued that, if indeed we have reached a tipping
> point, that
> preventing global warming is moot, and we should do whatever we can to
> deal with the effects of global warming.

We should do that anyway..

> There are other reasons to cut fossil fuel use besides global warming
> (societal, global equity, peak oil, local pollution, etc), but
> perhaps we've
> already done the damage on the global warming front.

We've undoubtedly done MUCH damage, but there is much more we
could do or choose not to. I bet if we tried hard enough, we could have
runaway greenhouse effect and end up like Venus. OTOH, If we get
control of our appetites and denial quickly, we may only lose a few
thousand species and a few million people.

-K