There is no garage for my diesel car. I want to run it on BD100 year round here in Pine Plains, NY, USA where winters get cold. Part of the solution is installing a block heater. Where would a block heater be installed in an 82 Mercedes 300DS ? I've been told that there should be a "freeze-out" plug in the block and that this is where it can be installed.
     I know that the easiest place to have the heater installed is at a service station or a Mercedes dealer, but I'd like to do this myself.
     Three months ago I didn't know a bushing from a pipe nipple, a clearwater pump from an aquarium pump. With the help of list members and the solid information at JtF, I've built a processor and am making 75 L batches of quality BD. Half goes in the car, half in the heating oil tank. I'm getting a lesson today on furnaces: nozzles, general maintenance, etc. Would like to burn bioheating oil instead of BD.
     The point here is that one step in the right direction provides a place from which the next step is possible and a different view which may well make another step in the same direction enticing. I have been focused on BD, but have found that there certainly is a lot more here than biodiesel info.
     I thank all for their help especially those who are so patient with us slow learners.
                                                Tom