Hi Ken

>Hey Keith,
>
>I had been looking at the page that you mentioned as an option.  I was
>thinking that I'd prefer to have an actual seal but, I suppose I'll
>need to replace it eventually anyway...maybe I'll just use your
>suggestion and stop being so darned persnickety.

:-) It lasts about a year on a bd processor lid, then it comes
unstuck so you make another one.

>If I go that route,
>I have a nearly unlimited source of drums!

I'm about to embark on a quest for 6 drums, for various purposes.
Let's see, two more fuel storage tanks, one for SVO and one for
bioheating oil, plus a drum to use as a charcoal kiln, one a housing
for our biofuel heater, and one as the outer skin of a biogas
digester. I'll use a 100-litre drum for a boiler for ethanol, already
got two of those (closed tops). I'm not bothered about seals much,
finding drums with cynch-clamp lids is the problem, or any lids come
to that, most are closed-tops. But there's a printing company just
this side of the village and they have these empty 200-litre drums
with lids. Ink drums. Ulp. Colourful sort of job, cleaning them out.
At least it's all squeaky-clean these days. I doubt I will be though,
biodegradable or not. :-/

>Take care,

I'll try! You too.

Best