I've tied them both - they both workied in that I lost weight.  I found MacDougall easier to stay on and I felt better.  With Atkins I lost weight but finally couldn't live with the side-effects.

-Mike

Paul S Cantrell wrote:
Sorry, John, but I don't have any negative results to share.

I *personally* don't know anyone who "tried this diet and didn't see any improvement" but I reckon there are genetic groups that do not respond to this diet.  Every one has to look at their own health, family history and make decisions for themselves with the data available to them.

I'm with you on being wary of doctors with books and things to sell, but all that I was saying is that Dr. McDougall's work passes my smell test, while Atkins does not.