Where do you buy it?

JJJN wrote:
Hi Rafal,
I use Lab grade Lye that is in pellets not grains like Red Devil.  It
dissolves slower and as a result the reaction producing the heat takes
longer.  It makes Great Bio and seems to stay translucent longer (not
carbonated).  It does not get hot like RD lye does. It takes more time
to dissolve but I use a magnetic mixer so the reaction is in an air
tight container and can be left for however long while i do other things.

Good Luck,
Jim

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

Hi,

I've recently bought new fresh methyl alcohol and lye. I have measured
out exact amounts, mixed lye with methanol and - a bit of a surprise,
the solution haven't actually got warm. No temperature, fumes,
whatsoever. Is this normal, or could I have done something wrong ?

The chemicals are most probably pure and good quality. Also, lye has
been completely dissolved.