Copper and vegetable oil: "I'm not so worried about the copper but
what the copper does to the fuel. Did you ever check what happened to
your fuel properties like oxidation stability and acid value? A lot
of research has been done in Germany on VO (and biodiesel) fuel
properties, and who I consider as the leading experts clearly warn
against using copper in connection with VO because of the catalytic
effect it has on the VO. The laboratory ASG Analytik-Service
(http://www.asg-analytik.de), who were involved in the research
leading to the "Rape Seed Oil Fuel Standard", says that just a few
PPM of copper in VO will change the oxidation stability... [In SVO
systems] with a catalytic metal, I think you have the best conditions
and environment for decomposition of the VO, and the effects it has
on the fuel properties again have an impact on the engine
performance, engine conditions (lifetime) and emissions composition."
-- Niels Ansø, Folkecenter, Denmark
http://www.folkecenter.dk/plant-oil/plant-oil_en.htm

Dang. Guess PVC it is then.

Thanks for the links, they'll make for interesting reading during breaks at work.

Peace out
-K