Ooops.  I had an indefinite pronoun in my last post, which implied
that I thought chlorine gas was not dangerous.  I meant to say that,
unlike chlorine gas, sodium chloride is not dangerous.  The last
sentence should have read   " You can get chlorine gas from sodium
chloride by electrolyzing saltwater, or mixing sodium hypochlorite
with lye aparrently, but sodium chloride is not all that dangerous by
itself."

Zeke

"