Jason and Katie,

I believe the operational premise here is that the sodium chloride
(table salt) would settle out during a FFA recovery process, no
different than the manner in which potassium phosphate settles out when
using KOH as the catalyst and phosphoric acid in the FFA recovery.

It's possible that an intermediary chlorine gas could be created. I
couldn't say precisely, as we've never used anything but phosphoric and
occassionally sulfuric (in test amounts) acid in the FFA recovery.

All chemicals behave differently when mixed. Someone is going to have to
stand up and prefer some solid information on this one, rather than
leaving it up to conjecture.

Todd Swearingen