>With hotmail or yahoo, and gmail, you're trying to work through a
>keyhole. To handle not only a mailing list but the Internet itself
>you require an Internet Service Provider that provides you with an
>email account so that you can use a proper email program.

Please dont give out misleading information like this. GMail lets you
send and recive with any
normal email program for free (unlike hotmail/yahoo)

>That means you can make multiple mailboxes and use filters to send
>incoming messages direct to those mailboxes where you can read them
>later, or never, at your leisure. Biofuel list messages go to the
>"Biofuel" mailbox.

I have over 20 email accounts that I do this with Thunderbird, Very nice
program. 5 of them are
GMail.

>With real email programs you can list messages in mailboxes by
>author, by date, or by subject, and they have useful search
>functions, so you can search your mailboxes for information. You
>start to build up your own information resource, without even doing
>anything.
>
>Nearly everybody has much more hard-disk space than they can use -
>don't delete stuff, just leave it there. Computers are fast, it won't
>even slow down your searches, and you have no way of knowing in
>advance what may later prove useful information, so there's no need
>to "delete" anything.

Very true. I have 512GB of space, 10gb free, time for some more 250GB drives

>NOW you can handle a mailing list.

Its a start.

>Gmail shmeemail.

Jeromie