Hello Kenji

>Doug,
>
>The US may already be reaching that meltdown. The huge and growing poor
>population seem to attest to that.
>
>Other than a mighty military industry and its spin-offs, the only
>substantial investment occuring in the US is speculative, mostly on
>foreign markets.
>
>Of course we are not too near the 'final corporate solution', when only
>one company remains standing in the world.

The 'final corporate solution' might be more akin to the world of
"The Matrix" or "Terminator" (and long explored in SF). It's the
logical outcome, it makes the best sense for the bottom-line. See eg:
http://journeytoforever.org/fyi_previous5.html#creed
Feel No Remorse -- The Corporate Creed

This is worth a read:

> >This publication by ETC with the Dag Hammarskjold Foundation, on the
> >technological challenges of the 21st Century, sets the scene well.
> >It's very good, covers GE, nanotech and more:
> >ETC Century: Erosion, Technological Transformation, and Corporate
> >Concentration in the 21st Century
> >http://etcgroup.org/article.asp?newsid=159

Best

Keith