Rexis Tree wrote:
> http://www.uncletaz.com/library/scimath/tesla/teslacar.html
>
> Facinating, we had an era of electric car in the pass.
>
> Nikola Tesla is the reason we are using AC power today. He invented an
> electric car power source that require no charging and can power an 80hp
> car to 90 mph.

from the link:

"with an 80-horsepower alternating-current electric motor with no
external power source.

At a local radio shop he bought 12 vacuum tubes, some wires and
assorted resistors, and assembled them in a circuit box 24 inches
long, 12 inches wide and 6 inches high, with a pair of 3-inch rods
sticking out. Getting into the car with the circuit box in the
front seat beside him, he pushed the rods in, announced, "We now
have power," and proceeded to test drive the car for a week, often
at speeds of up to 90 mph.

As it was an alternating-current motor and there were no batteries
involved, where did the power come from?"

the question shouldn't be where did the power come from but where did the srory
come?  this is
obviously mythology.

--
Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman