'Lo Marilyn, Joe

>Thanks for the correction, Joe. I will be more careful from now on to be sure
>who I am quoting.

I think it's mostly Outhouse Express that does it, it defaults to
saying that the person whose message you're replying to wrote it,
even if it's a url and a news article someone else wrote. How to make
a journalist cross. Not just on my account though, it's happened to a
lot of people and when I've attacked it it's been as a general rule.

>Is it OK to just say "Biofuel@sustainablelists.org wrote:" and
>not mention a name when including a response?

Why not just say Hi Whoever? If it's not signed there's a name or
email address on the original.

>I'm glad you liked the post
>otherwise.

So did I.

>I don't blame Keith for being a little testy.

Nah, I'm not being testy. Let's see, I sent three posts, two smilers
and a grr. But I definitely meant the grr. About time too.

>We all are these days with
>what is going on in the world.

It's not that Marilyn. There was a time when I got overwhelmed by all
the stuff I was staring in the face. It made me angry, I was angry
for a few years before I learnt how to smile again. While still
looking the same grim stuff in the face. But that was a long time ago.

Once in Hong Kong I took a ride in a Kowloon taxi with a driver whose
English was a bit like my Cantonese (terrible!), so we got on like a
house on fire. He had a good wife and two great children he said, but
no money: "Drive taxi no money."

"No money no life," I said (very common Hong Kong saying).

"No money to die!" he said laughing. "No face!. Every day I pay $20
for lunch, good food, but no face. But I don't mind! Rich men pay
$1000 for lunch, good face. But they forget to smile!

"So - don't die! And don't forget to smile!"

I thought that was great - the guy knew everything about life! We
smiled the rest of the way. When I got out he said: "Don't forget -
don't die!"

"I'll try," I said. "Don't forget to smile!"

We went our different ways, both laughing like hell.

Regards

Keith