Well I'm using Mozzilla not outlook and there are settings for those parameters as well as html etc.  Too bad you can't configure it to be sensitive to the mail folder otherwise your only option is to keep changing preferences all the time.

Anyways I hope the 'other superpower" will eventually result in some real action being taken on the bullies and warlords one day soon.  Then the next challenge will be to stop the next in line from taking the reins and doing it all again.....

Joe
trying to smile and not to die.

Keith Addison wrote:
'Lo Marilyn, Joe

Thanks for the correction, Joe. I will be more careful from now on to be sure
who I am quoting.

I think it's mostly Outhouse Express that does it, it defaults to
saying that the person whose message you're replying to wrote it,
even if it's a url and a news article someone else wrote. How to make
a journalist cross. Not just on my account though, it's happened to a
lot of people and when I've attacked it it's been as a general rule.

Is it OK to just say "Biofuel@sustainablelists.org wrote:" and
not mention a name when including a response?

Why not just say Hi Whoever? If it's not signed there's a name or
email address on the original.

I'm glad you liked the post
otherwise.

So did I.

I don't blame Keith for being a little testy.

Nah, I'm not being testy. Let's see, I sent three posts, two smilers
and a grr. But I definitely meant the grr. About time too.

We all are these days with
what is going on in the world.

It's not that Marilyn. There was a time when I got overwhelmed by all
the stuff I was staring in the face. It made me angry, I was angry
for a few years before I learnt how to smile again. While still
looking the same grim stuff in the face. But that was a long time ago.

Once in Hong Kong I took a ride in a Kowloon taxi with a driver whose
English was a bit like my Cantonese (terrible!), so we got on like a
house on fire. He had a good wife and two great children he said, but
no money: "Drive taxi no money."

"No money no life," I said (very common Hong Kong saying).

"No money to die!" he said laughing. "No face!. Every day I pay $20
for lunch, good food, but no face. But I don't mind! Rich men pay
$1000 for lunch, good face. But they forget to smile!

"So - don't die! And don't forget to smile!"

I thought that was great - the guy knew everything about life! We
smiled the rest of the way. When I got out he said: "Don't forget -
don't die!"

"I'll try," I said. "Don't forget to smile!"

We went our different ways, both laughing like hell.

Regards

Keith

Marilyn

Note: Forwarded Email Message Below:

Yeah I didn't write that Marilyn.  I did respond to that post though.
You must have replied to my post and snipped out my response which I
have copied below after the post you erroneously attribute to me.  Keith
hates it when people do that.  I've done it too by accident. Be careful
Keith seems a little testy these days especially about the archives....
BTW great post otherwise :-)

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there are agreements with
countries around the world, like the Geneva convention, and who knows
what else, that prohibit attacking citizens, public infrastructure,
utilities..

I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Well what about the military action taken on the Faluja General
Hospital?  That was an undisputable violation of the Geneva convention.
The US government is clearly guilty of international war crimes.  I
don't understand why the people of that country are not doing anything
about this.  There are plenty of grounds for impeachment without anyone
getting thier lips dirty!

Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Joe Street wrote:

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there are agreements with
countries around the world, like the Geneva convention, and who knows
what else, that prohibit attacking citizens, public infrastructure,
utilities..

I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Agreeing to be part of the UN is supposed to mean agreeing not to wage
preemptive war. The British are having arguments at high levels in
government about the illegality of the Iraq invasion. The article

below by an

American law professor also talks about treaties, agreements  and
international law being ignored:

Reaping the Whirlwind: Departures from International Law Helped Create
Climate for Iraq Prison Abuses

JURIST Guest Columnist Michael Kelly of Creighton University School of

Law

says the Bush Administration's general disregard for international treaties

and

standards facilitated an atmosphere in which US personnel could flout the
Geneva Conventions and abuse Iraqi prisoners...

<snip>