Well AFAIK it costs money to file patents and you would have to have a lot of it to play games with bogus patents but who knows?
It was relatively painless for me to try a few tests but unless I missed something it's not as simple as it sounds.  I want to do some corona experiments but I have to make some changes to my power supply before I can do that. If you read the abstract it is written as if much experimentation had been done to find the right process conditions.  It does not seem to be the work of someone dreaming up a possible process.  Much empirical data is included in the document. Strange indeed.

Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As far as I know, patent offices do not check whether inventions work or
not or have merit.

They are solely interested in whether the invention embodies a new,
non-trivial (obvious to one "skilled in the art" in question)
idea or concept.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada