Paul,
     Thanks for the reply.
     I like the idea of treating a sample of clean BD w. the antimicrobial
and then "inoculating it" with the cloudy stuff.
I'll give it a try.
     My local auto parts store was all out of diesel antimicrobe stuff  ...
will get more in on Monday. When I asked if microbes  were a common problem
in diesel fuel, I was told that it's not common, but they do sell "quite a
bit of the stuff"  (antimicrobial). They were aware of filters getting
clogged "by little buggers", but didn't know if sales were to treat a
problem or the prevent one.
     It stands to reason that if dino diesel is on the menu for some
bacteria/fungi, and biodiesel is more biodegradable than dino diesel, it may
well be in the metabolic repertoire of a greater variety, or at least more
common microbes.
     I think that if the problem is microbes, it is good news. I was worried
that my WVO was the problem  ...  maybe some new additive screwing up the
works. I have made more than thirty 20gal (76L) batches w/o any problem.
Others have probably made 100's of batches w/o cultivating microbes.
     If it is, in fact, microbes in the brew, I suspect they're in my wash
tank . The reactor and settling tanks seem too hostile an environment for a
soil or water contaminant to survive. I'll scrub the wash tank, run a batch
w. oil from the same settling tank and see what happens.
              Thanks again,
                            Tom