>On 13 Apr 2006, at 10:18, D. Mindock wrote:
>
>>A revolution is what we need here. Peaceful, of course.
>>

>Well, that won't happen.
>
>Would somebody PLEASE get me my orbiting nuke platform?  I need to
>make some changes here.
>
>>I guess we need

>>ask: what would Martin Luther King Jr or Ghandi do?
>
>Who would Jesus bomb?

The moneylenders in the temple?

>"Peaceful Protest" always had the promise of riots behind it.

I don't think so. It's always a possibility, but with exceptions the
protestors don't seek it, when they say it's a peaceful protest they
usually mean it and try hard to prevent it becoming anything else.
Violence is often deliberately provoked, often by plants in the
crowd, or you just get attacked or shot anyway without any of the
niceties. If there's such a promise it might not be the protestors
who make it.

>>Peace with justice, D. Mindock
>
>Did that ever really exist?

29. King Asoka. Wells, H.G. 1922. A Short History of the World
http://www.bartleby.com/86/29.html

21. A Kingdom of Agricultural Art in Europe, "Reconstruction by Way
of the Soil", G. T. Wrench, 1946
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/Wrench_Recon/Wrench_Recon_21.html

22. An Historical Reconstruction, "Reconstruction by Way of the
Soil", G. T. Wrench, 1946
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/Wrench_Recon/Wrench_Recon_22.html

There are others.

Anyway, did peace with justice ever not exist? They exist all the
time, maybe in most places most of the time.

But you mean on the level of societies, nation states, empires,
globally. There are good examples, and they may represent the human
norm more than the score-tag of history might indicate - maybe it's
what we naturally do if only we can solve the problem of power which
has oppressed us for the last 10,000 years and more. We do often
solve it, in our communities and beyond. Power is probably a problem
of scale, beyond which human affairs cease to be strictly human.
History is the tale of the powerful. We'll see about the future. The
obstacles to peace and justice are easy to see, especially these
days. It's not something to be sceptical about, it's something to
insist on.

Great kings is what it took. Now all it needs is the Internet. IMHO.

Best