Gary

> >Okay, let's take this in chunks.

Okay, let's take this recent chunk then, from Peter Solem:

>Today on the University of California, Santa Cruz campus, an
>organized group of student protestors succeded in shutting down the
>campus job fair until the military recruiters were forced to leave!
>One student who was taking photos of police surveillance officers
>was arrested, but the students surrounded the building he was in and
>eventually the student was released, apparently without charges.
>This is just a little thing in practical terms, but a huge thing in
>symbolic terms.  If we keep it up, Bush won't dare bomb Iran (we
>hope).  Waking up is a reality!

http://snipurl.com/p780
[Biofuel] [Fwd: [IP] Is the US preparing to bomb Iran?]
Tue Apr 11 2006

Please apply your thinking to this case. Was it useless? Was it just
a riot waiting for an excuse to happen? Was it all a waste of time
and effort anyway because it didn't make Page 1 in the NYT and FauxTV
didn't run a special?

How many hundreds of similar incidents have happened worldwide this
week? But it doesn't matter anyway because they didn't make Page 1 or
a FauxTV special either so they might as well not have happened for
all the good they did, right?

Do you agree with all that? You should do, it's what you've been
saying. Or will you say it's just an exception that proves the rule
or some such similarly specious nonsense?

Meanwhile you're sitting there in your pontificator's armchair
suitably buttressed with cushions and comfortable assumptions and
telling yourself you're part of the solution not the problem eh?

Keith