Mike,

The weakening of the dollar is not a result of any concerted foreign
effort. The dollar is amazingly strong, considering that US breaks
all fundamentals. It is probably the opposite, it is a concerted
effort to try to hold the value of the dollar high, when it according
to all financial rules and fundamentals should be much lower.

I find it a little bit amazing that in the text below is an attempt to
blame other countries for allowing US to break all the rules. I would
not surprised to hear such things from children "mom/dad said we
could do it" and maybe I am not that surprised to hear it from US.
It is however wrong to try to find any to blame other then US itself.

I do not see that US is under any attack, it is only taking the
consequences of its own doing. I see no reason to develop any
mental feelings like "being pursued" over it. It is not any background
for "see what they are doing to us" when it should be "see what we
are doing to ourselves".  On the other hand, conspiration theories
are favorite themes for Americans and they will soon find someone
who is "making it to the Americans, so the Americans will make
it to themselves".

Do not misunderstand me, I like Americans very much and I also
like children very much. I wonder if there are any connections in
this. How they could elect Bush is beyond me,  but he is there.

Hakan