LOL yeah I built a $12M facility here, but that work was actually done
in the old lab. I'm serious though once you understand reactive ion
etching and what makes the machines tick it wouldn't be too hard to
build a cheap system to deposit silicon on a pipe and dry etch it.
Sputtering the silicon avoids all the nasty gas issues that go along
with plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD.  The RIE requires
a florinated gas like CF4 or SF6 and oxygen but these gasses don't
require anything too special for handling. Still outside the realm for
the average home handyman but definitely not in the realm of
multimillion dollar high tech facilities either.

IIRC anodize is alumina with a dye in it. Alumina wouldn't be a great
heat conductor but it might be decent and certainly easier to do than
what I'm suggesting. I should get off my butt and try some experiments.
The other part of my plan is to use a partial vacuum ( can you tell I'M
partial to vacuum??) to lower the boiling point of the heat exchange
fluid (water?) to around 70 degrees C or so and using a couple of check
valves (one on either side of the solar collector pointing in the
direction of the flow path through the loop, steam bubbles that form in
the heated tube will act as the motive force to circulate the water. No
pump. When solar radiation is available the water circulates and when
it's not it doesn't. KISS principle. True some of the solar energy gets
used in moving fluid but some other form of energy would be used anyways
in another method. A freind of mine tested the concept.  He used it to
circulate water from his campfire to a radiator in his tent. We call
that Gucci camping! Ahh the luxury.....hey what are you gonna do in a
Canadian winter?

Joe