Jan,

You are right about the time before EC, I have personal experiences
from this. When we needed the help it was very difficult to get it and
we could not pursue it. Once when we were a proven success, they
asked us and was upset when we said that we did not need any help
from them. I must say that we had the same experiences from the
Dutch banks also, Sweden was not the only ones who "supported"
entrepreneurs. UK was the only country that had a good support
program for software innovation and development at that time, around
30 years ago.

Once when we were a proven success, they all cued up in offering
us "necessary help". In the end we were very happy that none of them
were involved, including the venture capitalists.

Hakan