No; building refineries will not reduce the price of crude.  Products
refined from crude are traded as commodities.  Along with the supply and
demand of crude, the supply and demand of refined products also affects
the price the consumer pays  for those products.  The question can
become if the industry is making money in the current situation, will it
build new refineries given relaxed regulation, if new refineries that
may increase supply, resulting in lower prices for the refined product.
Doug, N0LKK
Kansas USA