Are we lucky or what?

The cost of compost is quite cheap here and as such is not sterilized or
"cooked" just mixed and left for the worms and nature with some mechanical
help. Good compost most times.

Have used some local and some of my own compost to grow grape vines, 8
vines, of different sorts. The vines are now doing extremely well and have
formed a shade over a walk way. The shade in the last few days has been
decreasing through voluntary addition of some real fat bugs of the multi
legged type nibbling away at my prized grape vines. Never thought that grape
vines would grow here. High humidity, very hot and very wet in the wet
season and very dry in the dry season. However for some reason this is my
first spot of luck with growing grape vines as shade. What such a benefit if
by some freak twist the vines might produce some grapes this will be the
ultimate in my many years of grape sagas. Never ever eaten one of my own
home grown grapes as never seem to be able to have grown them before. I
would like to get rid of the bugs, like compost them or some such. Any one
know of a non chemical way of dislodging such unwelcome lodgers/habitants or
encouraging them to migrate/immigrate to other sources of fattening away
from my precious grape vines?

My Norfolk pines are doing real well on local compost as are many other
plants/trees.

Have had zero luck at this level with radiata pine no matter what soils, I
think this is more due to the heat and humidity changes.

Doug