Part of the cure might be to eliminate all social-welfare spending.
I suspect that this has been part of the right-wing fanatics' plan for
the last quarter century.

Then, inflation has long been a cure for debt. It takes from the middle
class who are wont to hold paper assets, and gives to the equity-holders;
the rich.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada