Hi  Juan e  Javier

2006/9/4, CARVAJAL BARRIGA ENRIQUE JAVIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Thanks Juan:
I will be asking for enzymes and also I will try to use some fungus to
hydrolysate the substrate.

      I have  done my Phd  thesis  making cellulase  enzyme  using   Fungus Trichoderma Verde  ,    during 1977 and 1983, the best  especie  selected by very famous researcher Mary Mandel , US Natic Army research laboratory  who is  very kind to send the same for several resarch institute  to all the world
and  latter renamed  as Trichoderma Ressei
I am not sure about the efficiency of using fungus, because I think they
are hydrolysating the woods for their own metabolism, and probably it
will diminish the amount of sugars to be converted into ethanol.

    It is not practical one, eventhough can be used as pretreatmento for delignication  before  using enzymatic  hydrolysis

    During fermentation , the operating conditions for the cell growth for extraceluar enzyme growth need to me maintained  and this is not the ideal one for the  enzymatic hydrolysis. Moreover the sugar will be consumed for the cell growth .

    The crude culture can be used with out the need for purification and concentration of the enzymes.

  The reuse of enzymes are possible using new substrates , making possible the reduced consumption.

 However the pretreatment need to be realized, as any impurities of the substarte can be inhibits enzymes.

We can send useful information to any one of our group.

Keith, has already  longe before told me to write about ethanol from cellulose  and some very useful information  have been also available as post in this list

sd
Panniselvam

In this
aspect, probably the use of purified enzymes increases the yield of
ethanol and, also may reduce the time of hydrolysis.
I'd like to know your opinion on that respect.

Kind regards,
Javier