Hello folks, not piped up for a while been busy - but regards to Keith,
Midori and everyone, hope you are all doing well!!

I have searched the archive but I think I may not be using the right
keywords or too many keywords resulting in lots of wvo references etc - I've
searched the net but all I get is companies selling general services & a
small handful advertising what I'm after but as you'd expect they don't
provide diagrams....

What I'm trying to do is set up a solar heat collector for hot water, a wood
burner stove with back boiler to run space heating & hot water if there is
no available solar & a condensing combi gas boiler as a backup.

Sounds simple, of sorts, when you first look at it - bit of extra pipework,
a couple of extra copper tanks, a few motorised valves, a controller.....

But it's not that simple - a combi boiler system is pressurised, but a
gravity fed system isn't. How can the two be combined in a seamless "hands
free" manor?

Does anyone have any good links, ideas or diagrams for such a system, or
anything close. I know it is feasible because I have seen companies selling
duel / triple fuel source systems.

As far as the controller goes, a great friend of mine is a computer /
electronics genius (he used to work for IBM) I mentioned the kind of
controller I'd need & he said it would be a doddle to build it, & he'd be
glad to do so. If any of you are interested in that & depending on how I
manage to progress with the project we would both be more than willing to
share that technology, however it is early days.

I hope someone can help - my brain is in knots with it now!!! Lol

Take care all

Malcolm