http://www.kta-ev.com/

  http://www.eaaev.org/eaalinks.html

  Kirk

Luke Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Thanks for the input Darryl,

It saddens me to read about the two failed van
conversions, as my van has quite a bit of sentimental
value to me, and the block cracked in our big freeze a
month ago (quite rare so close to the coast, but we
all know that anthropogenic climate change is just a
creation of our liberal media). It could just be
expansion (freeze) plugs, but I don't feel like
dropping the engine just to find out.

Granted, the van is one heavy piece of detroit steel,
but what exactly is the hang-up? Voltage? Total
weight? I'm guessing that most of the batterys' charge
is used in overcoming inertia, right?

*sigh* 'tis a daunting task at hand...but like the
good doctor says, "when the going gets weird, the
weird get professional."

So, sounds like I can safely rule out the use of a
starter motor for a drive motor.

Why did the van projects die in progress?